FitCassie_88

Monday, May 5, 2014

HIIT Workout - Outside Addition :-)

Workout Of The Day - 



So yesterday I posted on Instagram that I would be posting an outside workout. I want to do this for a couple of reasons.
 1. Sometimes people do not have access to the gym and want things that they can do at home. I have bought a pair of weights that were inexpensive to use at home.
 2. The weather is so beautiful it sucks to be stuck inside a stuffy…smelly...dim gym. 
 3. Vitamin D is AMAZING for you to get regularly! Being outside in the sun has been shown to increase neurotransmitter release, therefore making the correlation in your brain that exercise is fun! :-) 

So yesterday I went to the gym for a quick arm sesh and then decided to go outside for some sun and cardio! :-) So here is a little workout. (I used bleachers but they are not a necessity) 

Circuit 1 - 
Up and down the stairs (or high knees) for 1 min 
Lunges up bleachers (or lunges on track) for 1 min 
Step up and kickback on bench or elevate surface – 10 each side 
Break for 1-2 minutes (If you have a heart rate monitor, wait until your heart rate has returned to a normal level. If you don’t use your breathing as a monitoring tool. You should be able to breathe “normally” with only slight impairment.) 

Circuit 2 - 
Toe taps on stairs (or fast feet) for 1 min 
      Moving feet one at a time forwards and backwards as fast as you can go 
Up and down the stairs (or high knees) 1 min 
Sprint one length of bleacher x 4 (or spring for 15 secs x4) 

Circuit 3 - 
Run one lap 
Sprint for 35-45 secs 
Walk one lap

This little workout took me about 20 minutes. Remember to rest and get your heart rate back to normal. This is going to help later on with your hormone level, which at night will help with muscle repair. Hope you like this workout. I am going to be posting more I promise!! Life has been so crazy, but I am getting back to my roots ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment