FitCassie_88

Monday, June 16, 2014

WOD: Biceps/Triceps

Good Morning!! Happy Monday!


I know that Monday's are probably the most hated day of the week, but I choose to focus on it being a new beginning. Every Monday you get a new shot at your goals...at things you didn't get accomplished last week...you get to try to achieve those things in a NEW week. In social work we call this the strengths perspective...try this week to look at things in a positive way and I promise that you will have a better week!


So today I want to give you guys a workout. One of the areas that I am personally trying to better is my upper body. I struggle with a small upper body and that is why I workout upper body 4 times a week. 


1. Cable Curl (or barbell) (4x15) superset with Jumping Jacks (30)
2. Extension (4x15) superset with Burpees (10-15)
3. Tricep pushup (or close grip bench press (3x10)
4. BOSU ball shuffle (3x10) (see notes)
5. Dumbbell curls (standing) (4x15) superset with Tricep dips (4x15)
6. Shoulder Press (4x15)


BOSU ball shuffles - If you fortunate enough to have a gym with BOSU balls you should try and use them all the time! They help with creating core strength. BOSU ball shuffles - start with your hands on the dome, place right hand out, tap left hand to right, replace both on dome, repeat on the left side. Focus on keeping your arms straight, you should feel it in your shoulders, triceps, and biceps. ALSO don't "bow" your butt up. Make sure you stay straight in plank pose. Keep your core tight the entire time. Remember to breath, and go at a pace that it comfortable to you. I am going to put up a video later on Instagram so make sure to go check it out!


Happy Lifting! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment