FitCassie_88

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Monthly Food Calendar! :-)

Look at me....2 post in two days!!! :-P

So today I wanted to share the family calendar for this month. I am working on my calendar for next month and I will make sure to share with you before June!

I really love the idea of a food calendar because it helps you stay focused, you plan ahead, and you get to try new exciting foods. I have time to research new foods and ways of tailoring them to my lifestyle needs. So without further ado, here is the menu!

 So here are some of my pictures from my tasty meals :-)

1. Red Beans and Rice
-I live in New Orleans and Red Beans are a staple. I decided to look at ways of making this typically heavy dish healthier. I used a pack of dry red beans, turkey sausage, birds eye seasoning mix (or onion, green pepper, celery), bay leaves, pinch of thyme. I put it all in a crockpot and went to work. Mixed it with some medley minute rice. Delish!







  
2. Chicken, Mushroom, and Spinach Alfredo
-I love pasta but have struggled to find a recipe that is healthy and doesn't upset my stomach. This recipe was so fast and simple. I created it with a co-worker, so this is a Cassie Original!
Recipe:
-Chicken (diced)
-Frozen Spinach
-1/2 pack of mushrooms (really however much you want)
-1/2 reduced fat cream cheese
-1/2-1 cup of chicken broth
-Italian cheese (shredded)
-garlic, onion
1. In a skillet cook diced chicken
2. In a dutch oven, saute garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning
3. In dutch oven add in 1/2 cream cheese and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Mix under you create a cream. You can add more broth as you go so that you have a creamy sauce and not a paste.
4. Add spinach (I used 1/2 pack) and mushrooms to sauce, stir. Add broth as needed.
5. In another pot boil water, cook noodles.
6. Mix chicken in with sauce.
7. Serve over noodles.
Enjoy!!

On the menu I have dessert nights. I absolutely love Skinny Cow desserts. I have a couple different types, they are all between 100-150 calories. It is the perfect little indulgence after dinner.

Hope you all enjoy the menu and you all will be in for a treat June's calendar!






No comments:

Post a Comment