FitCassie_88

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Monday Post - Whoops this is late :-0

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I'm sure you celebrated with delicious BBQ's and fabulous desserts, so lets get back at it.

One thing to remember is that one day is not going to throw you off. If you have a bad day, recognize it and move on. One of my big things is that if I had a bad day I try to drink a lot of water. I force myself to start the "detox" process. I want all that junk out! So here is the scoop for the rest of the week.

Exercise:
Monday - off (duh!)
Tuesday - HIIT and Abs (see #workout below)
Wednesday - Squats (HIIT if possible)
Thursday - Upper Body (back/chest focus) and HIIT
Friday - Active Rest (see below for details)
Saturday - Lower Body (hamstring focus)
Sunday - Upper Body (shoulder focus) HIIT



HIIT and ABS
  • Warm up on machine (bike, elliptical, treadmill) 3 minutes
  • Increase resistance (speed) and sprint for 30 seconds
  • Decrease resistance (speed) and recover for 1:30
  • Repeat x10
  • Cool down on machine for 5 minutes
  • ABS: Leg Raises (15), Heel Touches (20 each side), Bicycle Crunches (30), Plank (1 min)
  • Repeat circuit x4

ACTIVE REST
-There are two types of rest days, active and inactive. Inactive days are ones when you do little to no exercise (little = taking dog for walk). Active rest is when you are helping your body recover from workouts the previous days. I like to do foam rolling and stretching on those days. So on Friday I may ride my bike for 10-15 minutes, then do some light stretching and foam rolling. Both foam rolling and stretching release lactic acid which can build up and cause muscle pain. Decreasing lactic acid cannot only help decrease muscle pain but also helps the muscle recover and get stronger.

So I hope this is all helpful. Remember to continue to eat a healthy balance diet! Fruits and veggies are your friend!! Pick one eating habit you want to decrease this week and have that be your goal. Mine is to decrease junk food snacks and drink more water!

Have a great week guys :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment