FitCassie_88

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Breakfast Burrito

Ok, so I know that I post a lot of workouts. But one of my favorite things to do (besides lift obviously!) is to cook. I find it so exciting to put together new recipes that are delicious and nutritious! So this week I thought I would share my "Breakfast Burrito" recipe with you.


I stumbled onto these a couple weeks ago when I was trying to find a healthy breakfast option. I LOVE BREAKFAST! Like most breakfast dishes you can customize this recipe however you want...you want extra protein, more veggies, sweet, savory, this burrito can do it all! So the recipe I did is a little plain but delicious nonetheless. I have put the macros at the end for those of you who want to fit this is your macros!

Breakfast Burrito

-15 eggs (5 whole eggs, 10 egg whites)
-5 turkey sausage patties
-1/4 cup of habenaro jack cheese
-Mission "Carb Balance" Burritos
-Picante Salsa

Other things that I have seen are sweet potatoes, onions, bell pepper, turkey bacon, etc. For the salsa I put a a tablespoon in a Tupperware and put that on as you eat this glorious entree!


Here are the macros from my burrito. Now don't be alarmed...this burrito is stocked full of healthy carbs, fats, and proteins. I try not to worry to much about calories, more about the content. I used burritos that had higher carbs (note the dietary fibers = good carbds), but if you are trying to do lower carbs you can get a different type of burrito!!


Happy Eating :-)



































No comments:

Post a Comment