FitCassie_88

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

FitCassie's Five Favorite Things

So last night I was thinking about all the things that I use that help me stay on track with food, fitness, life in general. With the holidays coming up I thought I would pass along my favorite things that you could put on your wish list or get for that special someone! :-)

1. Jawbone - this is a handy little tracking device that I have been using for a little over a month. The reason that I like it so much is that it tracks your sleep as well as steps. It calculates about how many calories you burn which is a HUGE help when trying to lose weight. Its light weight and doesn't get in the way when I work out. I also like that it has a large range of exercises that you can add to your day (yoga, weights, cross training, run, elliptical, etc.). If you every wanted a starter tracking device I would highly suggest this one.
 Jawbone UP24 Activity-Tracking Wristband

2. Six Pack Bag - if you don't already have a meal bag I highly suggest looking at one. They are great for keeping you focused on eating all your meals. I know that with work and kids it can be hard to stay on track but having a nifty bag helps keep your mind organized as far as food. I have two 6 pack bags that I absolutely love. I recently got the Renee Tote to bring to work and no one is the wiser that its actually a huge lunch box!! I have another bag that I use for trips to store lots of food. There are a couple companies that have good bag at various different prices. I have always been super impressed with 6 pack bag and that's the company I would recommend!

3. Muscle Relief Bubble Bath - recovery is one of the over looked parts of fitness. This goes for sleep as well as stretching and various others ways of taking care of yourself. One of my routines is to whiten my teeth and do an avocado mask weekly. I also recently found this bubble bath at CVS for muscle recovery. It has peppermint and eucalyptus that helps soothe sore muscles. I like to use this after a heavy day of lifting not only is it physically relaxing it is also mentally relaxing. You have to give yourself time to recover if you want to make serious gains ;-)
CVS Muscle Relief Bubble Bath

4. Yoga Starter Kit - I recently started doing yoga. I started because of friend of mine said it would help with stretching and flexibility. One of the best things that you can do for yourself and to get stronger is to make the muscle more flexible and this comes from stretching. Yoga is a great way to do this as well as get mentally centered. I am not very good at it yet...but I am trying! I got a starter kit from Gaiam and it came with a mat, a block, a strap, and a beginners DVD. This was super helpful and now I have started branching out to other yoga videos and books.
Gaiam-Beginners-Yoga-Starter-Kit

5. Foam Roller- this is also an important tool for muscle recovery. A foam roller is designed to help push lactic acid out of the muscles as well as give a gentle massage in order to soothe soreness. There are different types of foam rollers, some are more firm and some have different grooves to hit muscles differently. I have a small one and it is great! I use it on my legs, back, and shoulders mostly. I find it helpful to use it on areas that I can't reach or that tend to get sore faster. They come in a variety of different lengths and colors!
***Bonus: Wish List Items***
So here are a couple things that I have put on my wish list for the holidays. These are super neat items that will definitely help me stay focused in the gym!

1. Wireless Beats Headphones - I have a pair of Beats and I think they are amazing. One draw back - the cord. I am constantly fooling with it and it is constantly getting twisted. I know this is not the end all be all of my workout...but is definitely something that I would like to add to my workout attire! :-)


2. FlipBelt - When I first started working out I would use an arm strap to hold my phone. I started to notice that it was causing problems when doing upper body exercises, so I stopped using it. I think started tucking my phone into my waist band (multiple things went wrong with this idea). Then I had a friend buy me a belt from Forever 21. I have since lost that belt :-( but I was reading a fitness magazine and came across a new belt! It is the FlipBelt....and it looks AWESOME!!! It can hold your key (great for outdoor runners) as well as your phone. It comes in a variety of colors and seems lie flat against your abdomen. I would love one of these for Christmas!! :-)
Main Product Image

Well I hope you liked my list of fitness inspire 5 favorite things. Have a great day, and kill it in the gym!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment