FitCassie_88

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Plyo WOD

Happy Thursday everyone!!! I have been nursing a left hamstring sprain and I thought I could stretch it out...but I have decided that I should actually taken some time away from the weights (only for legs) (and only like 1 week) ;-)

So today I thought it would be fun to do a little Plyo workout. Plyometrics are exercises that use only body weight but you do them quickly and get that heart rate up!! So here's my leg Plyo workout:

1. Box Squats - start on box, jump down and squat low. Your butt should be close to touching the box. 
2. Walking Lunges - find spot A and spot B....lunge there and back.
3. Kickback - on a box or on the floor.
4. Step ups - make sure to switch legs!
5. Burpee Squats - do a modified burpee and instead of coming up and jumping you are going to go into a jump squat.
6. Burpee Lunge - same as above except lunge (both legs)
7. Box side to sides

8. Mountain climbers ( box or no box)

9. Toe taps


If you are unsure how to do an exercise I tried to put some of them into a video on Instagram that you can check out. I have a link at the top of the page! :-)

Do each of these 3 times with 10-15 reps. Try to do as many as you can do...get that heart rate up!!!!

I followed this workout with some sprints. I literally almost died during my workout....but in a good way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment