FitCassie_88

Monday, February 10, 2014

Oatmeal: From Flab to Fab

Have you ever gotten bored with your food? Ever think that you are literally eating the same thing over and over again? One of the major problems that people have with eating healthy is that they think it has to be “bland” food that takes like cardboard! Well I am here to squash that myth! One of my favorite things to do is to look for new and exciting ways to make food. I love looking up recipes and trying new things! One of the things that I had a hard time with in the past was oatmeal.


Oatmeal is a great complex carb that keeps you full and satisfied, but it can be very “boring”. When I first stated prepping I would make my 1/3 cup every morning and force myself to eat it! My coach then told me about oatmeal pancakes…talk about heaven! The only problem was that making them every morning was a chore so I decided to improvise!! I wanted a way that I could get my oatmeal in every morning but make it fast. I was on Pinterest and I see that they put everything in muffin tins, what a great idea! So I decided that I was going to make oatmeal “muffins”. I eat two every morning with some sugar free maple syrup, yummmm! So here is the recipe, I hope you all enjoy!

 

Ingredients:

2 cups of rolled oats

1 2/3 cup of water


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Blend oats until they are a “semi-flour” consistency

Mix oats in bowl with water

(can put pam in muffin tin, or line with cupcake wrappers)

Fill each slot up about half way with the mixture

Yields – 12 ½ muffins

 

I eat two in the morning because that is about 1/3 cup of oats. You can add other ingredients to make it fancy as well. I usually like to add cinnamon (helps aid a faster metabolism) or puree pumpkin is something that I have always wants to try. Basically you can add anything in them that you would add in your regular oatmeal.


Picture of breakfast, they look boring but they are totally delish!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment