FitCassie_88

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Workout of the Day: Back and Biceps

Good morning all! 

As promise I am going to try and put up some exercises that you guys can try on your own. Before I do that let's talk about safety! 

If ever you don't know how to do an exercise, google it! I am constantly googling new exercises that I am given to make sure I am doing them right! You can also check out www.bodybuilding.com they are a great resource for exercises! 

When I workout I usually pick two groups of muscles to work out at one time. This is for one main reason, so I can alternate between the two muscle groups. This is important because when you are constantly working the same muscle you don't allow any time for new capillaries to form. Capillaries are small vessels that form to help bring blood to the muscle so that it can start to repair. When you exercise you are literally tearing muscle, so by switching muscle groups you give that muscle time to start repairing! Increased repair time means stronger better muscles!!! So I plan my workouts so that I alternate between muscles. So today it will go back, bicep, back, bicep, etc.

Lastly, please please please think before you do anything! So many people get hurt seriously in the gym because they try to lift heavy right away. DO NOT do this!!!!! Start out with lighter weight, get the form correct and then start to increase weight! 

**I am not a certified personal trainer the workout to follow was created by me from my experience in the gym, always consult a doctor before starting a workout regimen**

Back and Bicep WOD:

Warm up - 5 minutes. 
(Ex. Arm circles, jumping jacks, shoulder rolls)

1. Underhand Lat pull down
Sets - 4
Reps - 15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

2. Dumbbell bicep curl
Sets - 4
Reps- 15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

3. Row in squat position 
Sets - 4
Reps- 15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

4. Push-up (regular) 
Sets - 3
Reps - 10,10,10

5. Hyper extension w/10 lbs. dumbbell Sets- 4
Reps - 15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

6. Hammer curl on stability ball 
Sets- 4
Reps -15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

7. Barbell row (think about hitting your belly button with the bar)
Sets- 4
Reps- 15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

8. Barbell curl (wavy bar...know  as ez bar)
Sets- 4
Reps- 15,12,10,8
Rest 30 secs in between sets

9. Decline push ups (put foot on box or bench)
Sets- 4
Reps- 12,10,8,6
Rest 30 secs in between sets

10. Pull ups, assisted
Sets- 4
Reps- 10,10,10,10
Rest 30 secs in between sets

Cardio - 30 minutes steady pace

-if you have any question about the exercise comment below and I'll try my best to explain! You can also check out YouTube and they have great videos! 

Happy Lifting Y'all! 


(Back progress pic of me and my workout partner!)

**check me out on Instagram @ fitcassie_88**

1 comment:

  1. Loved this workout! I did them in pairs and it was functional and easy to alternate between them. I definitely feel it today!!!

    ReplyDelete